Asparagus & Cremini Mushroom Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 Yukon gold potato, cooked and roughly diced
- 1 cup young asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, outer leaves removed and inner leaves washed
- 1 Tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 325º with fan, 375º without fan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the minced shallots, Meyer lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil and stir to emulsify. Mix with the cleaned red leaf lettuce in the large mixing bowl.
- In a 2 qt pot, simmer Yukon gold potato in 1 qt water with 3 Tbsp salt until soft, about 15 minutes. Once cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine eggs, milk and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together
- Heat an 10 inch nonstick oven safe pan with 3 Tbsp olive oil over high heat, add mushrooms, asparagus, and potatoes and cook, stirring a few times until the potatoes start to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Spread vegetables out in the pan, add the egg mixture and stir to incorporate eggs with vegetables. Scatter grated gruyere over the top and bake 10-15 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Carefully remove frittata from the oven, using a spatula to loosen any parts that may have stuck. Flip frittata onto a serving platter by placing the platter over the pan and turning over quickly.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve with red leaf lettuce salad.