- 1 lb crab meat (Dungeness if available), picked clean
- 2/3 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 Tbsp bread and butter pickles, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp celery (inner stalks), finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
- 12 tarragon leaves for garnish
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottoms snapped off, peeled, thinly sliced
- 12 sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce
- Lay the crab out on a sheet tray and pick through for any remaining shells, trying not to break up the meat too much.
- Clean the lettuces; remove and discard any bruised or damaged leaves. Cut out the core and remove the soft inner leaves. Cut remaining leaves into roughly 2” pieces and rinse thoroughly in cold water. Spin in a salad spinner and set aside.
- Make the dressing; combine together the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, celery, chopped tarragon and lemon juice and mix well.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl, add the asparagus, sugar snap peas and the dressing; toss gently until all of the ingredients are mixed. Add the crab and avocado and toss a few more times. Serve in a large bowl or portion into four entrée sized bowls. Garnish the top with reserved tarragon leaves.
Get recipes for our newest releases in every Gravenstein Club Shipment